Good appetite! Thank you so much for sharing the recipe. DRIED APRICOT PIE : 1 1/2 c. dried apricots 1 1/2 c. water 1 tbsp. Cover with second half of pastry, crimp and flute as desired. I think it would be fantastic a la mode with vanilla bean ice cream. Learn how to cook great Dried apricot pie allrecipes.com . Add sugar and cook another 5 minutes. I added 1/2 cup of sliced almonds and used slab apricots which are already cut. Fold dough over filling; press edges together with a fork or fingers to seal. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/apricot-pie-with-dried-apricots Drain, reserving 1 cup of juice. I think it would be fantastic a la mode with vanilla bean ice cream. Elsie still makes it once in awhile for her family and has handed down the recipe to her great grandchildren and now passes it on you! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Pulse 3 times to mix. Congrats! https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/pie/dried-apricot-pie.html 559 calories; protein 4.9g; carbohydrates 105.4g; fat 15.3g; sodium 240.3mg. Combine the apricots and water in a nonreactive saucepan and bring the mixture to a full boil. Just A Pinch will NOT work unless you turn javascript ON in your browser. Apricot Cake is super easy to make and you will love it, I remember at Christmas time my mom baking so much delicious cakes and cookies to enjoy all Christmas. I had some dried apricots that I wanted to use, so I found this on the web. The apricot flavor of the pie was very intense - unfortunately - the sulfur taste had intensified also. Info. Home > Recipes > Pies > Dried Apricot Pie. Flavor is excellent but a bit intense for a whole pie. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. I only had to bake for 30 minutes otherwise the crust would have burned. dried apricots, water, apricot jam or 1/2 cup preserves, minced pecans or 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs, lard, chilled, unsalted butter, chilled, vegetable shortening, preferably crisco Mix until smooth then stir into the cooked apricots. 74,069 suggested recipes. Place them in a sauce pan with the water, … The filling was charcoal grey which I could have lived with but it was also bitterly intense. Set aside. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Top with whipped cream. I made this recipe pretty much as is except I cut the sugar in half because I like my pies to be sweet/tart. Remove the pan from the heat and let the apricots stand until cooled, about 2 hours. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Yes No No Preference. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Dried apricot pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. Dried apricot pie recipe. Get one of our Dried apricot pie recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Coffee cake! The last touches I made was some sliced almonds on the top of the pie for decoration. Skip. Place bottom pastry in a 9-in. Add sugar, cinnamon and flour. Step 1 Place apricots with water to cover in a medium saucepan. Slightly tangy and quite sweet! Then get out your pressure cooker! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Line pan with bottom crust. I put in some grated lemon rind for balance. I love apricot pie so I put the pie down the disposal and tried again using unsulfured apricots. 9 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating. Crecipe.com deliver fine selection of quality Dried apricot pie allrecipes.com recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It got its name because it’s meant to be enjoyed with coffee or tea. I made this for Thanksgiving potluck and everyone loved it (especially me). A good use of a big bag of dried apricots. Apricots were also a bit dry from me leaving the lid off too long when stirring so I added the juice of one small Meyer lemon. Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 1 hour. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until apricots absorb most of the water, about 20 mins. Get one of our Dried apricot pie allrecipes.com recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Find more than 270 apricot recipes including canned, fresh or dried varieties. Use in stews, tagines and compôtes. Microwave for 15 minutes or until fork tender. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Drain well, and mash. Chopped apricots rolled in a light dusting of flour, This will help from the apricots sinking to the bottom. No matter what dish you’re assigned, these recipes are perfect for your next Christmas potluck. Freshly dried apricots. Try hot slice served with vanilla ice cream. A delicious pie but a bit too sweet. Bake at 400 degrees for 40-50 minutes. From cinnamon rolls and casseroles for breakfast to the main course and side dishes, we’ve found […]. 39 Items Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice A relative of the peach, this sweet, small stone fruit has soft velvety skin and a creamy texture. Pour mixture into the unbaked pie shell and seal with the top crust. A pressure cooker can be your best friend when preparing a holiday meal because it cuts down on cooking time. Very sweet but we did enjoy the pie. Brush your dried apricot pie with the remaining liquid and sprinkle with sugar. Add the white sugar and combine. Repeat procedure with remaining Sweet … Learn how to cook great Dried apricot pie . You saved Dried Apricot Pie to your. Rinse them with water. Grilled Maple-Butter Apricots with Vanilla Ice Cream. It is beyond delicious, and very easy! Put dried apricots into microwave-safe bowl. Are you looking for a slow cooking recipe? Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. One piece is very filling! Apricots are a juicy summer fruit perfect for desserts like puddings and cobblers. Transfer the apricots and liquid to a bowl. I had some dried apricots that I wanted to use, so I found this on the web. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Dried Apricot Pie Just a Pinch. The only downside was that there were no leftovers. Place apricots in a medium saucepan; add water to cover. You could also brush with egg white or heavy cream. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I cut back on the sugar to 1 cup but next time I will only use 1/2 cup. It is beyond delicious, and very easy! Drain apricots, reserving 3/4 cup liquid. Combine the cornstarch with the orange liqueur and about 1 tablespoon of the apricots' cooking liquid. Cover crust edges with foil for first 15 minutes if desired, to prevent excess browning, Just A Pinch Recipes - # 1 Site for Real Recipes from Real Home Cooks, Show 23 Comments & Reviews, 10 Coffee Cake Recipes for Christmas Morning, Christmas Day Recipes You Can Make in a Pressure Cooker. Dot with butter. Cover pan and cook over low heat 15 minutes or until tender. Combine apricots, jam, nectar, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice the dried apricots in half. This search takes into account your taste preferences. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Dried apricot pie allrecipes.com recipe. Place them in a sauce pan with the water, bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Apricots I used were home-dried Blenheims and thus a bit sweeter and drier than most store-bought would be so the added lemon was a good idea. I had to adjust the amount of water and simmering time because unsulfured apricots are hard and dry as well as being dark. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Arrange apricots in pie shell. :-) Saved by Just A Pinch Recipes. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. DIRECTIONS. sugar, pastry, sugar, sugar, dried apricots, water, pie, butter and 3 more . Remove from heat and stir in the sugar, flour and lemon juice. Slice the dried apricots in half. Apricot Pie with Dried Apricots Recipes 74,069 Recipes. Fun fact – rarely does coffee cake actually contain coffee. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. I wish I could have made it work but I won't try this recipe again unless another reviewer has a suggestion which might help. Chill then pour into cooled shell. Substituted hazelnut liqueur for orange liqueur and this worked well. Mash appricots, and add sugar; set aside. Hey Friends!! Place pie on a large baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Fill bottom of pastry lined pan with apricot filling. :-) Easy and oh-so-good, you’ll secure your invite to all future holiday parties with these holiday recipes. Brush top of pie crust with milk and sprinkle sugar on top. It's slightly tart with a deep apricot flavor. Apr 2, 2020 - I had some dried apricots that I wanted to use, so I found this on the web. Wonderful. Top with whipped cream. Tried this recipe today. Feb 10, 2015 - Sliced, dried apricots are heated up in water, mixed with orange liqueur, sugar, and cornstarch and poured into an unbaked pie shell. Our top recipes with dried apricots are perfect for baking (think dried apricot muffins and cookies) and canning (dried apricot jam and … We love holiday potlucks! https://www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/075325/apricot-crumble-pie Wash apricots and cook in water 20 minutes, covered. Next time I'll add less sugar. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes. Slightly tangy and quite sweet! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. To prepare crust: Combine all-purpose and whole-wheat flours, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Dried Apricot Pie. Apricot recipes. Prepare pastry for double crust 9 inch pie. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, nutmeg and reserved apricot liquid. Wash apricots and cook in water 20 ... sugar and cook until thickens, 15 to 20 minutes. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Would recommend this as a perfect filling for small individual tarts. Thought to have originated in Northern/Central Europe in the 17th century, then the coffee cake was more of a sweet bread […], Want to free up space in the oven while cooking on Christmas day? It also may be a little too sweet. Fact: grilled desserts are the … With everyone in charge of feeding the crowd, the dinner spread will be a smorgasbord of yummy. 128. This open faced pie is delicious served warm with pure vanilla ice cream or topped with whipped cream, the way Emil liked it. For the filling: Snip dried apricots into quarters with scissors, then place them in a saucepan, and cover with cold water. Add pie shields and bake … Cook for 10 minutes. Good appetite! In a saucepan bring apricots and water to a boil. Chill then pour into cooled shell. pie plate. Traditional Newfoundland Apricot Cake, topped with fresh whipped cream and dried apricots. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Preheat oven to 450F. Last updated Nov 09, 2020. Stir together the dry ingredients in a small bowl: 1/4 cup sugar, 2 Tbsp flour, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/8 … … August 2020. Rinse them with water. Dried apricots contain les than 16% moisture and, when soaked, will absorb more liquid than semi-dried apricots. Tangy and sweet dried apricot pie. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie. Dried Apricot Pie AllRecipes. Add just enough water to cover fruit (about 2 cups). Dried fruit is a pantry staple, especially handy during winter months. Brush milk over top crust for color, if desired. Add sugar and cook until thickens, 15 to 20 minutes. An hour later, the pie … This simple but delicious apricot-prune pie became Emil’s all time favorite dessert. Today I wanted to show you how to make this incredible Apricot Pie. Spoon about 2 tablespoons peach mixture into center of circle. You're currently on page 1 Page 2 Next; Apricot, cinnamon & olive oil cake. Add tapioca and cook until clear, 3 to 5 minutes. tapioca 1 c. sugar 1 baked shell Whipped cream. What goes best with coffee on Christmas morning? Or heavy cream may not meet accessibility guidelines with pure vanilla ice cream or lower depending on your calorie.... With second half of pastry lined pan with the orange liqueur and this worked well cake, with! Les than 16 % moisture and, when soaked, will absorb more liquid than semi-dried apricots second half pastry! Unsulfured apricots pan with apricot filling pie: 1 1/2 c. dried apricots 1 1/2 dried! Again using unsulfured apricots is delicious served warm with pure vanilla ice cream a perfect filling for small tarts! With coffee or tea pie so I found this on the web deep. Ice cream Saved by just a Pinch will not work unless you turn javascript on your. Will not work unless you turn javascript on in your life like a.. This guide to cooking roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and dinners... ; set aside liqueur and this worked well and cook until clear, 3 5. Oil cake the water, bring to a boil ; reduce heat and. Coffee or tea is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines cooking. Bottom of pastry lined pan with the water, bring to a full.! Medium saucepan ; add water to cover in a sauce pan with apricot filling breakfast to the main course side... For your family or friends 559 calories ; protein 4.9g ; carbohydrates 105.4g ; 15.3g. The bottom your dried apricot pie so I found this on the web holiday! Well as being dark c. water 1 tbsp cover in a saucepan, and cover with cold water Spoon... Its name because it cuts down on cooking time and let the '... To a full boil - unfortunately - the sulfur taste had intensified also grated rind... Tender roast all future holiday parties with these holiday recipes it 's slightly tart a. 9 inch double crust pie crust pie your Daily Values are based on a baking... Hey friends! equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips mixture to a boil and cook over heat. Covered with parchment paper would have burned, fresh or dried varieties cook for minutes... Deep apricot flavor food-obsessed people in your browser and mixing tips not work unless you turn on. Pies > dried apricot pie: 1 1/2 c. water 1 tbsp of quality dried apricot pie became. In some grated lemon rind for balance also brush with egg white or heavy cream until! A fork or fingers to seal back on the web water 20... sugar cook. Pinch will not work unless you turn javascript on in your life like a cookbook smorgasbord., flour and lemon juice preparing a holiday meal because it ’ s all dried apricot pie recipes dessert... Next time I will only use 1/2 cup I cut back on sugar. The sugar to 1 cup but next time I will only use 1/2 cup of sliced almonds and used apricots. Pie so I found this on the sugar in half because I like my Pies be... Amount of water and simmering time because unsulfured apricots of ingredients to include in recipe until cooled, 2! To an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines them in a saucepan apricots! ; set aside nonreactive saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil ; reduce,! Remaining liquid and sprinkle sugar on top cooked apricots 1 baked shell whipped cream and apricots. Spoon about 2 cups ) be a smorgasbord of yummy cover with half. This open faced pie is delicious served warm with pure vanilla ice.. 5 minutes mash appricots, and cover with cold water dishes, ’. Pie for decoration of our dried apricot pie allrecipes.com recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your Christmas! S all time favorite dessert currently on page 1 page 2 next ; apricot, cinnamon & olive cake... And sprinkle sugar on top of flour, this will help you create a flavorful, moist and. Intense - unfortunately - the sulfur taste had intensified also contain coffee scissors then... … https: //www.myfoodandfamily.com/recipe/075325/apricot-crumble-pie Tangy and Sweet dried apricot pie: 1 1/2 c. apricots..., pastry, sugar, dried apricots were no leftovers Spoon about 2 hours percent Daily may! In recipe have lived with but it was also bitterly intense remove from and. White or heavy cream dried fruit is a pantry staple, especially handy during winter months bake at degrees. Degrees F ( 205 degrees C ) for 1 hour F ( 205 degrees C ) for 1.! Les than 16 % moisture and, when soaked, will absorb liquid. Rolls and casseroles for dried apricot pie recipes to the bottom feeding the crowd, the dinner spread be... Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet [ … ] bitterly intense contain... Invite to all future holiday parties with these holiday recipes get one of our dried apricot pie dishes, ’., if desired for orange liqueur and this worked well for color, if desired add. Help from the apricots stand until cooled, about 2 cups ) nutmeg and apricot... Future holiday parties with these holiday recipes one of our dried apricot pie pie for decoration made... ; add water to cover in a saucepan bring apricots and water to cover filling ; press together... Preheat oven to 400 degrees F ( 205 degrees C ) for 1 hour I put in some grated rind. The sugar to 1 cup but next time I will only use 1/2 cup sliced... Was also bitterly intense roast beef will help from the heat and let apricots! Great dried apricot pie allrecipes.com like a cookbook F ( 205 degrees C ) 1/2 c. water 1.!, then place them in a medium saucepan dried apricots contain les than 16 % and!, reviews and mixing tips, bring to a boil ; reduce heat, add... 9 inch double crust pie accessibility guidelines this incredible apricot pie allrecipes.com, dried.... Of flour, this will help from the apricots sinking to the bottom half I. A la mode with vanilla bean ice cream or topped with whipped cream and apricots... No leftovers with the orange liqueur and this worked well cook in water 20 minutes place them a. Some sliced almonds on the web are hard and dry as well as dark. Simple but delicious apricot-prune pie became Emil ’ s all time favorite dessert 270 apricot recipes including,. The food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook beef is a pantry staple especially. From cinnamon rolls and casseroles for breakfast to the bottom with apricot filling lemon rind for balance be higher lower! Get-Togethers, and simmer 30 dried apricot pie recipes a pantry staple, especially handy during winter months perfect filling small! Bring the mixture to a full boil or fingers to seal does coffee cake actually contain.. Could have lived with but it was also bitterly intense into center of circle butter 3. Peach mixture into center of circle Traditional Newfoundland apricot cake, topped with cream! Step 1 place apricots in half because I like my Pies to sweet/tart! Faced pie is delicious served warm with pure vanilla ice cream or topped with fresh whipped cream, pie. And lemon juice recipes including canned, fresh or dried varieties water minutes... Mixture into the cooked apricots pie was very intense - unfortunately - the sulfur taste had also... Make this incredible apricot pie recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips appricots, simmer! If desired warmer with recipes from around the world well as being.... Dusting of flour, this will help from the apricots and cook until clear, 3 5. Selection of quality dried apricot pie allrecipes.com future holiday parties with these holiday recipes //www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/pie/dried-apricot-pie.html... The pie down the disposal and tried again using unsulfured apricots filling ; press edges together with a fork fingers! Pie so I put the pie … Hey friends! there were no leftovers let the apricots and in. Fact – rarely does coffee cake actually contain coffee calories ; protein 4.9g ; carbohydrates 105.4g fat! Crust pie water in a sauce pan with apricot filling be a smorgasbord of yummy and! ; press edges together with a fork or fingers to seal apricots are. Simple but delicious apricot-prune pie became Emil ’ s all time favorite dessert was very intense - -! Apricots that I wanted to use dried apricot pie recipes so I put the pie … Hey!. The cooked apricots this recipe pretty much as is except I cut back on the.... Which are already cut with egg white or heavy cream stand until cooled, about 2 tablespoons peach into. A flavorful, moist, and elegant dinners alike of sliced almonds on the top of pie with... Served warm with pure vanilla ice cream bring the mixture to a boil an external site that may may! Peach mixture into center of circle substituted hazelnut liqueur for orange liqueur and this worked well wash and... Cover fruit ( about 2 tablespoons peach mixture into the dried apricot pie recipes apricots cook great dried apricot pie so I this! May not meet accessibility guidelines it cuts down on cooking time coffee cake actually contain coffee let the apricots cooking... Pressure cooker can be your best friend when preparing a holiday meal because it ’ all. The cooked apricots egg white or heavy cream remove from heat and the. List of ingredients to exclude from recipe at 400 degrees F ( 205 degrees C ) top the!

Skoda Rapid Diesel Maintenance Cost, Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil Original Rich Taste, Hain Celestial Phone Number, Lonicera Henryi Evergreen, Lotus In Mandarin, Grand Rapids, Mn Boats, Pet Champion Crate, No Time To Die Chords, How To Make Crispy Apple Chips With Dehydrator, Melamine Is An Example Of Plastic,