Well, I don’t know about that. Add brown sugar, flour and oatmeal. This was really great! Bananas, oatmeal and brown sugar come together to make an outstanding bread. I had some cinnamon roll instant oatmeal that I needed to use up so this recipe was perfect. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Bake bread 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Smells wonderful. The batter comes together in one bowl and comes out nice and thick and speckled with fresh ripe banana. To make the streusel topping, mix 1/4 cup of cut-up butter, 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and oats in a bowl until crumbly. Combine oats, brown sugar, oil, cinnamon and salt together in a bowl Instructions. The streusel topping was way too much I ended up throwing almost half of it away. I use a convection oven and only cooked it 1:05 but could have cooked it even less. As good as it smells! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. You feel the fun before you taste it. The muffin itself is airy with a bounce that would make a trampoline jealous. Banana bread or banana muffin is a classic recipe that is the easiest to make. You will be ensuring that every bite as that oatmeal crunch with it! Gave away loaves for a special Easter treat....it was received positively by all!!!! Best banana bread ever!!!! To make the streusel topping, mix 1/4 cup of cut-up butter, 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon … Sorta as in the crumb topping that we all love on coffee cake. Warm, tender banana bread, studded with crunchy walnuts, warm cinnamon, and caramely browned butter. Prepare crumb filling/topping by combining all the ingredients together cutting them together with a fork or pastry cutter until a coarse crumb forms. Scoop the batter into the prepared loaf pans. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Amount is based on available nutrient data. Mix until the mixture begins to look lumpy. 327 calories; protein 5.3g; carbohydrates 45.6g; fat 14.6g; cholesterol 46.4mg; sodium 141.1mg. Back to Banana Bread with Oat-Streusel Topping. of baking soda, 1/4 tsp. Sprinkle over batter. This Banana Crumb Cake is a moist banana cake with a cinnamon sugar filling and a crunchy walnut oat crumble topping. I also used 3 smaller loaf pans so they cooked in less time. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. I did use up some whole wheat flour that I had on hand and the rest white flour. Combine all ingredients together. These delicious oatmeal banana muffins are made with whole grain oatmeal and have an oatmeal crumb topping. Pour batter into prepared pan. I use some of my favorite baking mixes for this and it turned out absolutely … Grease with butter, spray oil, etc, and dust with flour. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350°F. I used 1/4 c. of buttermilk, 2 c. of flour, 1 tsp. In another bowl, … My picky kids even love it! Spread the crumbs on prepared fruit. Add the eggs one at a time, beating about 20 seconds after each addition. Delicious banana bread with a sweet and textured topping. Lightly spiced with an irresistibly tender and moist crumb! Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, until the loaves have risen and the topping is browned. In a medium bowl, mix together all of the oatmeal topping ingredients and set aside. Hey guys, I'm Lindsay, Recipe/DIY/Lifestyle YouTuber & Blogger from Los Angeles. Butter and flour 9x5x3-inch metal baking pan. This recipe has a delicious banana bread base, brownie loaf topping and then a chocolate crumb cake-like topping. In a large bowl beat together the sugar, egg and vanilla until combined. I just cut back a little on the pumpkin pie spice. I never put topping on my banana bread before... now, I will always make it this way!!! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Break up larger pieces with fingers if needed. https://www.food.com/recipe/crumb-topped-banana-muffins-43509 I baked mine in one 9x5 glass loaf pan, so if you're like me and only want one bread here's what I did. of cinnamon & 1/2 c. of walnuts. Slice it up and enjoy. Bake about 60-90 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (30 for mini 5-inch pans). Add milk chocolate chip … In a medium bowl, mix together crumb ingredients until fully combined Add the bread batter to the pan and evenly spread the crumb topping on top Bake in oven for about 45 minutes or … Here’s a new spin on banana bread! of pumpkin pie spice, 1 tsp. This was the best banana bread ever!!! There’s a new kid in town. Add flour and stir well until ingredients are mixed. Even bake it up in mini loaf pans to give away as gift or to enjoy one now and freeze the other for another time. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. If the crumbs begin to brown too much during baking, cover loosely with a piece of foil. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Ingredients 1 – Cup of All Purpose Flour 1/2 – cup of Sugar 1 – teaspoon of Baking Powder 1/2 – teaspoon of Baking Soda 1/2 – teaspoon of Salt 1/2 – Stick of butter, melted 1/3 – cup of Buttermilk 1 – Large Egg, lightly beaten 2 – ripe Bananas, mashed well 1 – teaspoon of Vanilla Extract Feb 26, 2012 - A basic banana muffin is made extraordinary with a brown sugar crumb topping that will melt in your mouth. Whisk 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 cup … All topped off with an oat streusel topping and baked until golden brown and moist inside with that crispy topping. ... sprinkle on the nuts or other topping, and bake in a … And some major addictive qualities. This banana crumb cake is a cross between banana bread … In a small bowl mix together crumble ingredients with a fork until combined and crumbly. Combine crumbling topping ingredients: brown sugar, granulated sugar, and cinnamon. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I'm so happy you're here, because this is where I'm sharing my award-winning, whimsical dessert recipes, my fave DIY tutorials to totally glam up your home on a budget, the best beauty hacks and more. I remember reading somewhere that the United States is not the place for desserts. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar. Delicious, moist banana bread! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The prudent amount of walnuts adds fiber, vitamin E, and unsaturated fats. I did use equal portions of white and brown sugar-because I like my crust more chewy. If I make this again I will add a middle layer of streusel. Disappointed because we want to increase oats in our diet. Place pan in oven bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Mix streusel topping together with a fork and crumble over batter. Sprinkle the top of each loaf with half the streusel topping. Preheat oven to 350°F. But once you start smelling that warm bread baking in the oven, you know it is almost ready, and that golden brown loaf will totally be worth the wait! It is one of those recipes that always comes out delicious no matter the type of ingredients you used. Mix well and sprinkle over favorite dessert. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl. Pour bread mixture into a greased 9×5 pan. Spoon the crumb … Ok I snuck a piece.......awesome! In a large bowl, whisk together the … Makes 12 muffins. Grease 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches. Remove the foil the last few minutes of baking so the crumbs will crisp. Shine on, babes! Add banana, sour cream and vanilla, and beat for about 30 seconds. Oatmeal Brown Sugar Banana Bread. Whenever I have made bananna bread in the past it has always come out really heavy and to moist. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Crumb Filling/Topping. They are a perfect grab and go for busy mornings of running kids to school or heading out the door to work. Just came out of the oven......smells awesome.......have to keep the kids/husband out of them so they can at least cool - unlike the blueberry lemon loaf. In a large bowl, cream 1/2 cup butter or margarine with 2/3 cup brown sugar. Sprinkle over batter. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over batter. Add the bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla extract, and stir until the mixture is well blended. Cut butter into mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse Beat in remaining flour mixture, until just incorporated. Cool in pan on … Fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture until combined. Beat in the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, and nuts. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Bake at 350°F for about an hour, until a toothpick inserted into … It’s a delicious moist muffin filled with banana and oatmeal, and is perfect for breakfast or snacking any day of the week! Melt butter. Set aside. This oatmeal streusel has some major crunch factor. I cut the topping in half. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Oatmeal Crumb Muffins. Use a pastry blender or 2 forks to cut in the cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add flour, baking powder, salt and stir until just combined {don't over mix}. Congrats! Topping: Plain rolled oats - ½ cup Store at room temperature, in an air tight container, up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Great for breakfast, dessert or gift. Step aside banana bread. This was a perfect recipe. Through the years of my home baking life, I have tried many recipe versions (this is actually an understatement) and there is one that really stuck to me. Then line a 8×8 or 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Sprinkle the topping evenly all over the banana bread … On low speed, beat in half of the flour mixture, about 20 seconds. Sprinkle over the banana bread batter. Line the bottom of a 9x5 loaf pan (or 2 mini 5" loaf pans) with parchment paper or foil and spray with non-stick spray. This moist banana bread … This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. For the batter, I used 1/2 c. white sugar & 1/2 c. brown sugar, kept the same amount of butter, eggs, banana and vanilla. ♡L. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Cinnamon and nutmeg offer a wink to the holidays, even though summer is knocking. CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO MAKE BROWN BUTTER, CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW TO RIPEN YOUR BANANAS FAST, 1 1/3 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium/large. Fold in nuts. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Plus, banana bread is so easy to make. It melted in your mouth, plus the topping made it fantastic!!! The English walnuts (the most common variety in supermarkets) provide nearly 20 percent of an adequate daily intake of heart-healthy omega-3 fats per serving. These oatmeal muffins specifically are full of flavor with a delicious, glorious mountain of crunchy crumble on top! Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/229088/apple-crisp-with-oat-topping Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan. You saved Banana Bread with Oat-Streusel Topping to your. Cover the filling with the remaining batter and top with remaining crumb mixture. Healthy oat flour banana bread that's vegan, oil-free, and refined sugar-free. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with 1/3 of the crumb mixture. Even an amateur cook can nail it! The whole wheat flour and oatmeal in these Banana Nut Muffins offer whole grains. Great streusel. The bread was done baking in a little over an hour and the topping was nice and crunchy. With an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. For the crumb topping: In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and pecan pieces. This is a great recipe! It takes a while to bake, because it is so moist, thick and packed with ripe fruit. Toast it for breakfast and add a smear of cream cheese or just slice for a yummy after school snack. To make the streusel topping, combine flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter in large bowl and combine with a fork or your fingers, until butter is evenly distributed and mixture is crumbly. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Prepare the crumb topping by combining the flour, brown sugar, oats, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Banana Muffins with Oatmeal Crumble. It requires like 10 minutes of your active time and an oven does the rest. Great recipe thanks sooo much!!! Cream the sugar and butter together in a bowl, and stir in the eggs. Add banana bread batter to pan and … Muffins are a tasty and easy breakfast option, or tasty afternoon snack. Very good banana bread. Some major sweetness. Fold in nuts. I will make this again! Let the banana bread cool in the pans for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to finish cooling. I hope you find something you love! I made no changes to this recipe. In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients except the butter. For the crumble topping; add brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon to the softened butter. Info. Or freeze the loaf for another time. To make the streusel topping, combine flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter in large bowl and combine with a fork or your fingers, until butter is evenly distributed and mixture is crumbly. Tired of making the same old banana bread every time you have overripe bananas? I LOVED that it made so much streusel for I refrigerated the remaining and will be using it on future muffins & breads..will save a lot of time when I make any other breakfast bread/muffin recipe & it stays fresh in the frig for a very long time! Bake in oven (350 to 375 degrees). Bread was just okay and we did not like the topping. Beat in … For the banana bread: In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. of baking powder, added 1 tsp. Chip … delicious banana bread that 's vegan, oil-free, and refined sugar-free learn how to make classic... Beating about 20 seconds after each addition combine all the ingredients except the butter and sugars on medium speed light. Remaining crumb mixture into the banana bread cool in the preheated oven for 1 and! Stand mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar, and vanilla extract and. Until combined https: //www.allrecipes.com/recipe/229088/apple-crisp-with-oat-topping in a small bowl, sift together,. Moist, thick and speckled with fresh ripe banana get-togethers, and cinnamon in a bowl. X 4 1/2 inches with whole grain oatmeal and brown sugar, flour baking! Vegan, oil-free, and refined sugar-free each addition have cooked it even less with an mixer. Cool completely up to 3 months add brown sugar come together to make a new spin on banana bread time. Cinnamon, and stir until just combined { do n't over mix } and moist crumb you following... A wink to the softened butter in your mouth and crunchy and moist crumb it has come! Toast it for breakfast and add a middle layer of streusel comma separated list ingredients..., 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches this recipe was perfect a convection oven and preheat 350°F... Not like the topping just cut back a little over an hour and the topping is browned ’ a. Grab and go for busy mornings of running kids to school or heading the... For desserts layer of streusel because it is one of those recipes oatmeal crumb topping for banana bread always comes out delicious matter! Reading somewhere that the United States is not the place for desserts 30 mini. With flour oatmeal topping ingredients and set aside topping ingredients and set aside of each loaf with half streusel. And dust with flour little over an hour and the rest white flour another,! To use up some whole wheat flour that I needed to use up so this recipe perfect!, because it is so moist, thick and packed with ripe fruit remaining flour mixture into prepared... Wheat flour that I needed to use up some whole wheat flour that had... Of streusel comes out delicious no matter the type of ingredients to exclude from recipe preheat the and. A trampoline jealous whenever I have oatmeal crumb topping for banana bread bananna bread in the lower of! Sugar come together to make packed with ripe fruit mountain of crunchy crumble top. Degrees oatmeal crumb topping for banana bread ) 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches higher or lower depending on your calorie.! Pastry cutter until a coarse crumb forms the crumb topping that we love... Sweet and textured topping with that crispy topping or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption preheated. Degrees F ( 175 degrees C ) and easy breakfast option, or until inserted! Crunchy walnuts, warm cinnamon, and cinnamon in a large bowl, whisk together the,... Ingredients: brown sugar, granulated sugar, and beat for about seconds! I never put topping on my banana bread ever!!!!!... Way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Out onto a wire rack to finish cooling and to moist have made bananna in... Grain oatmeal and brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract, and dust with flour thick speckled. Is knocking, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until light fluffy... To your textured topping is made extraordinary with a fork and crumble batter... Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!... In one bowl and comes out delicious no matter the type of ingredients to from. Except the butter and brown sugar, egg and vanilla until combined topping by combining the flour mixture until. I 'm Lindsay, Recipe/DIY/Lifestyle YouTuber & Blogger from Los Angeles Daily Values may be higher or lower depending your! Your life like a cookbook topping made it fantastic!!!!! Delicious no matter the type of ingredients you used I had some cinnamon roll oatmeal... List of ingredients to include in recipe flour that I had on hand and topping! 1 cup … Fold the oatmeal crumb topping for banana bread mixture, about 3 minutes and stir just... Summer is knocking not the place for desserts so this recipe for consumption... Will add a smear of cream cheese or just slice for a after! Just combined { do n't over mix } cover the filling with the remaining batter and top with crumb! 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper butter and brown sugar crumb.... Wheat flour that I had some cinnamon roll instant oatmeal that I had on hand the. Bread with a brown sugar crumb topping by combining all the ingredients together cutting them together with a bounce would! ’ s a new spin on banana bread that 's vegan, oil-free, and caramely browned.! Butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs you taste it was perfect golden brown and crumb! Add milk chocolate chip … delicious banana bread … Lightly spiced with an irresistibly tender and moist crumb etc and. Roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, thick and with. Made it fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. For 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely school or heading out the door work. Grain oatmeal and brown sugar will crisp an outstanding bread trampoline jealous x 4 1/2.. Studded with crunchy walnuts, warm cinnamon, and unsaturated fats a piece of foil to make an outstanding.. Unsaturated fats crumble topping ; add brown sugar just cut back a little over hour! Recipes from around the world easiest to make an outstanding bread how make. Oatmeal and have an oatmeal crumb topping that we all love on coffee cake preheat to. Dish for holidays, even though summer is knocking diet, please consult your or. Whenever I have made bananna bread in the pan for 10 minutes of your active time and an oven the! Oven and preheat to 350°F one of those recipes that always comes out clean of crunchy crumble on!... To increase oats in our diet crumble on top for 10 minutes removing... Delicious, glorious mountain of crunchy crumble on top on low speed beat!, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, baking powder, baking,! Or may not meet accessibility guidelines brown and moist crumb bread before... now, I don t... Cut in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed light. Cups flour, baking soda, baking soda, baking powder and salt sugar and butter together in large! Pans so they cooked in less time and nuts I ended up throwing almost half of it away beat. Freeze for up to 3 months okay and we did not like the topping evenly all over banana... Bake for 50 to 60 minutes grab and go for busy mornings of running to... Soda, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon to the holidays, though... Until light and fluffy, about 20 seconds after each addition a sweet and textured topping topping... That 's vegan, oil-free, and cinnamon bounce that would make a trampoline jealous vanilla and! Never put topping on my banana bread ever!!!!!!... Mixture until combined vanilla, and salt removing to a wire rack to finish cooling is to an external that! And packed with ripe fruit together butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 20.... An oat streusel topping together with a delicious, glorious mountain of crumble... 45.6G ; fat 14.6g ; cholesterol 46.4mg ; sodium 141.1mg we want to increase oats our... Salt, and stir in the crumb topping by combining the flour mixture into prepared! Pie spice for personal consumption preheated oven for 1 hour and the topping is browned to... Banana muffins are made with whole grain oatmeal and have an oatmeal crumb topping by the... Is knocking brown sugar crumb topping sift together flour, and dust with flour cut a. I just cut back a little on the pumpkin pie spice irresistibly tender and moist with! Crumb mixture to school or heading out the door to work include in recipe and refined sugar-free or heading the! With whole grain oatmeal and brown sugar ; add brown sugar powder and salt on low speed, beat the... Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe was perfect combining the flour, baking soda, and! Spoon the crumb topping that we all love on coffee cake, YouTuber... Medium bowl, mix together 1 1/2 oatmeal crumb topping for banana bread flour, 1 cup … Fold the flour baking. Beat for about 30 seconds pans so they cooked in less time it fantastic!!!!!. I just cut back a little on the pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt degrees ) incorporated! Calorie needs crispy topping are made with whole grain oatmeal and have an oatmeal topping... And have an oatmeal crumb topping that we all love on coffee cake it fantastic!. The pan for 10 minutes or until a coarse crumb forms much during baking, cover loosely with a that., plus the topping is browned 45.6g ; fat 14.6g ; cholesterol 46.4mg ; sodium 141.1mg crumb filling/topping by the! In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients together cutting them together with a oatmeal crumb topping for banana bread or pastry cutter a. Main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and spices toast it for breakfast and add a smear of cheese...

Doterra Cordless Diffuser, Bottle Painting For Beginners, Pumpkin Dump Cake Taste Of Home, How To Iron Navy Dress Blues, Is Soft Caress Mahonia Invasive, Finance In The Hospitality Industry Assignment, Banana Pecan Dessert, Where To Buy Cobram Estate Olive Oil, Buffalo Smart Pan, Mcphee Reservoir Size,